In these uncertain times caused by the COVID-19 Virus, people still have the need to buy and sell their homes. However, there are new obstacles to overcome. The Safer in Place and Social Distancing rules make showing property challenging. Many sellers are working from home with children home from school. Buyers are nervous about being exposed to the virus.
Here are a few things that can be done to make the process smoother.
- You should get prequalified before you start to look.
- Then look at all your options before you start to narrow them down. (A realtor’s help is so important in navigating through these steps.)
- Most homes are shown by appointment only with advance notice since open houses aren’t allowed now.
- Have professional photos made of your home since most buyers shop online now.
- Schedule showing times in advance and take the children and pets away from the home.
- Listings are never more salable than when they are first listed, so saying showings start at a certain date and time is a good idea.
READ MORE: 5 Things to Consider if You Want to Sell Your Home